Want to sell your work with us?
Are you an artist or crafter? Would you like to join in the Art4Action revolution?!
Ever since our first fundraising auctions for the Dorset Coronavirus Community Appeal and the Routes to Roots homeless charity in Poole, our artists have been more than willing to include their work. They are the ones that make Art4Action possible, through their generosity in donating a quarter of the money they receive from their sales towards our chosen charities and good causes.
Art4Action welcomes any new artist, whether amateur or professional, who would like the opportunity to make money by selling their work on this website, and donate to our various causes. It doesn’t matter where you’re based, being online means that we are not restricted to location.
We also welcome all kinds of artists, working in many different medias: from painters, potters and photographers to sculptors, metalworkers, woodcrafters, glassmakers, and even makers of decorative bird feeders, (and many in-between)!
Here’s what some of our artists are saying:
- "Supporting and promoting Local Arts, Art44Action is a wonderful concept …” Mary Brightwell
- “You have actually inspired me to donate 25% of all my sales to charity from now on …” Ian Hedley
- “A spirit lifter …” Kitty Wass
- “I would love to keep participating …” Annie Lovelass
- “Looking forward to hopefully raising some money for some great causes! …” Barrow Wood
- “It’s exciting to be taking part! … ” Mon Hawley
- “The site looks great …” Jenny Frankland
- “I like the choice of charities, very well chosen …” Judy Taylor
- “Another two very good charities for support …” Roy Aplin
- “Thanks for the opportunity to be involved in Art4Action once again and for some great causes …” Galiani Glass
- “Once again thanks for organising this …” Red Beacon
- “Are you going to do another live bidding again soon? Last year was brilliant! … ” Paul Longland
Here’s how you can join up and submit your pieces for inclusion on the Art4Action website…
Send us a few examples of your work either by giving us the link to your website, Facebook page or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It would also be good to know if you have sold your work commercially before, and in particular posted out to your buyers? This isn’t a strict necessity by any means, but helps us judge what support we need to give you.
If your work is accepted then we’ll ask you to send in up to 15 pieces with images and descriptions, either by email, or if they are large files by WeTransfer. We also need their prices of course (and postage costs, see below).
Commission on sales is split 3 ways, with 70% going to the artist, 25% to our featured charities and 5% to Art4Action to maintain the website, bank fees, etc. Payment for sales will be transferred to you as soon as they are cleared so that you can post off the artwork to the buyer.
When your work sells (let’s be positive!) the delivery options are ‘posted’ or ‘collected’. Collection is straightforward, but for postage you’ll need to tell us the amount you want and that figure will be shown at the checkout when someone is buying your piece. We’ll then of course send you that amount as well as the commission due.
What do you get as an Art4Action artist?
On our art4action website:
No stress - we put up all your artwork for you!
No struggling to negotiate complicated instructions on how to upload your pieces – just send us your work (see above) and we’ll do all that!
Your own personal listing page
For example on this artist’s home page here. Note that we encourage artists to have a photo of themselves next to their biog!
Also feel free to take small movies of your pieces in order to give people a better feel for what your pieces look like; this can be done easily enough on mobiles these days.
Special promotion for artists new to Art4Action
Your artwork is always only a couple of clicks away!
We have put many search facilities on the website so people can find it by its type, its price range, or by what its tags are. Most searches will end up on this page.
There are pages for those just browsing who aren’t sure what type of art they’re looking for. They might start off looking at all the different types of art that our artists create here, and then end up on one of the types which will feature all the artists who produce work in that genre, such as this one.
In our auctions:
These are a recent innovation of ours, and are conducted on our own auction platform (within the Art4Action website).
Our artists are invited to contribute pieces to be auctioned from time to time. We attracted a lot of bidders in our first of these auctions, and we are confident that they will become a popular Art4Action fixture. Watch this space!
Corn Exchange, Wareham 27th November!
We have booked the Corn Exchange in Wareham with the Council for Saturday 27th November from 10.00 till 4.30 for a special Christmas exhibition! It is right in the middle of town and with fantastic pedestrian access.
- We estimate we can have up to 50 artists displaying 5 pieces each, but we encourage everyone that can, to ALSO bring prints, cards, etc, as well.
- We will put up everyone’s paintings, etc, you only need to bring them to us.
- The theme of the exhibition is the festive season, so as much snow as you can handle on your work would be appreciated! As always though, Art4Action’s mission is to raise money for charity by selling art!